Davis School District Public Meeting Notices

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Board Votes 6-1 to Release Personal Information

Six of the Davis School Board members voted at tonight's board meeting to approve a revision to the Davis School District policy relating to Family Educational Rights and Privacy. The new policy was passed exactly as it was proposed two weeks ago and as I described it in my last article. I was deeply grateful to have 10 concerned citizens present for the meeting. They all raised their hands when I asked who was at the meeting out of concern for our 4th amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. 

I reminded the board that we had taken an oath to support the constitution of the United States. I argued that since this policy only says that the Director of Assessment "may" disclose personally identifiable information without prior consent, that we were not required by federal law to have such a policy. I also proposed that I could support the policy if we simply changed the wording to "personally unidentifiable information". But the board rejected that idea.


In accordance with board policy, none of the concerned citizens were allowed to speak during the board meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment